Monday, October 20, 2014

Eat according to your ancestry...

Just visited an acupuncturist the other day.  I've been having some pain in my left arm and thought to fast-track the healing.  Since we live nearby "Little Taipei" I decided to go see a Chinese acupuncturist as opposed to paying double and going to see a Western one.


The questionnaire asks, please list what you eat, Breakfast, lunch, dinner:  Breakfast - fruit, yogurt, oatmeal...Lunch - protein, grain.  Dinner - Protein, veggie, grain.

Dr says, "I see your eating habits are very western..."  Fruit and cold things in the morning.  You may have been born here, but your parents are Chinese.  You need to feed your body as a Chinese would.  Warm foods in the morning.  Oatmeal is an excellent choice.  Fruits should not be the first thing in your stomach in the morning.  Too much sugar.  You will find yourself getting tired by lunchtime if you start with fruit.  (Heyyy..lately the baby has been saying she's always tired at school..) You should start your day with warm foods and then wait until about 10am to have fruit for a snack."

Oooh, who knew??!  I've always sort of tried to stay with the Fit for Life type diet that says fruit in the mornings.  Well, now I know.

And I just stumbled upon the Today Show website that has 10 slow-cooker breakfast recipes.  Yum! Can't wait to try some of these out.  And since I usually try to make the baby's lunch in the morning before school, this will save me a step in the mornings if breakfast is already waiting for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment