Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Spoon Salad


I just made the most delicious salad!  Ingredients:  romaine lettuce, kale, zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, raw cheddar, avocado all chopped up into itty bitty pieces (because the baby doesn't really love to eat salad).
But the best part was the dressing - super healthy!  olive oil, salt, apple cider vinegar (a cold buster), turmeric, pepper (turmeric and pepper work together to offer awesome health benefits), some honey.

Turmeric is a curcumin and is a powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial agent. Black pepper enhances the bioavailability of turmeric!

We are all a bit under the weather around here so I try to sneak turmeric into everything.  Oh, and on that note, I am a big, BIG fan of apple cider vinegar.  Don't know what it is about ACV, but it is a healer.  I felt a bit of a cold coming on and drank some ACV the first night, had some the second night and I really feel much better.  I just drank some again.  I expect to be 100% by tomorrow morning.  Wheeeeeee!!


No comments:

Post a Comment