Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The In-laws are in town!!

And it's like a breath of fresh air!  I really have the best in-laws.  They come into town to see their grandchild and help wherever they can.  It's like having another pair of hands or two.

As a stay-at-home working mom, there is constant guilt hanging over my head about how much time I can dedicate to my child.
She goes to school for 4.5 hours.  That is hardly enough time to get enough real work done.  Yes, I can be totally productive but if I have a few project going on then inevitably, I need to work when D gets home too.  And while D is perfectly fine hanging out and entertaining herself for a couple hours, I'm still feeling guilty when after those couple of hours are up she's asking if I can play with her.

Interestingly enough, back at our old school in the South Bay, we had friends who would gladly drop off their kid to play for the afternoon. Who wouldn't want a few hours solo to get some stuff done or at least be without one child so more attention can be spent on the other for a few?  And it happened early!  There was a mom who had a baby and I was more than happy to offer to have her school aged daughter come over and play after school for a few hours.  Perfect scenario for me as then D has a play date and I can get some work done.

Well, not so much at this new school.  Most moms would like to accompany their child on these play dates and then that means I have to sit around and socialize and I just don't have time for that!  Sigh...so I'm glad that the in-laws will be in town for the next TEN days!  Whoohoooo!!

It's been so nice.  I've been able to crank out quite a bit of work whether it's work-work, home work or getting presents made for the holidays!  AND, she even walks the dog!!  I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment