Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Kitchen in France

Image taken from Manger, Mimi Thorisson's blog

I often pull pages from magazines to remind me that I either want to revisit the subject or there's something I want to buy.  I recently revisited a ripped page from Vogue.  I want this cookbook, A Kitchen in France: A Year of Cooking in My Farmhouse by Mimi Thorisson.  Look at that CAKE!
 It's called the Garden Cake and a quick skim through Google brings up the recipe from Mimi's blog.  Looks simple enough.  But more importantly, look at how beautiful her blog is!!

I would like to own the cookbook because it looks beautiful, who doesn't want to cook like a French woman?  Plus, Thorisson is part-Chinese so of course, I'd like to support.  However, this cookbook kind of intimidates me.  I'd be afraid that I would never make a recipe from this book because it looks too complicated.  Of course, I've not seen it in person, just perused via Amazon.

Maybe I will make the Garden Cake first (and some recipes from her blog) then see how I feel about actually purchasing this cookbook.  At the very least, it will look wonderful sitting on my bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment