Friday, January 23, 2015

Inspiration

I picked up the latest issue of LA Parent a couple days ago because the cover story was about a mom entrepreneur.  I love reading articles like this.

My favorite part of the article is where Rosie Pope gives a snapshot of her day:


With four kids under the age of 6, boutiques on opposite coasts and numerous speaking engagements, Pope’s days are jam-packed. She begins each morning at 5 a.m. with a run, and by 6 a.m. the mad rush begins with breakfasts to make, lunches to pack and kids to drop off at school, followed by a race to get everything done at the office so she can be back home for dinner, bath time and bedtime stories. She loves to unwind with a quiet conversation with her husband after the kids are in bed, and she is typically back on her laptop before her day ends around midnight.

It really left me feeling inspired, as I often get to feeling glum about having to make a lunch every day for my daughter.  But here is Rosie Pope, a mother of FOUR kids talking about how she gets up at 5 for a run and by 6am, mad rush to make breakfasts, lunches, etc, etc.  This woman is making four lunches before she heads for work!  I will not complain about my own little lunch anymore...

And then tonight I am reading an old issue of Vanity Fair that I happened to keep...I'm sure it was because Angelina Jolie was on the cover and I wanted to read the article on her.  Man, that woman is certainly a person to aspire to.  She does so much good in this world and is just so grounded.  Not to mention beautiful.  I mean...just look at her.  I loved this quote from the article in speaking about her movie, Unbroken:

"But the main message of the movie is about how you choose to live your life - that there is greatness in everyone."

Yes, there is!

No comments:

Post a Comment