Friday, April 10, 2015

Ooh, look a shiny black rock..

Umm, no.  That would be tar! Don't pick - Oh, too late.

A couple days ago, we went camping up in Carpinteria.  Cutest little state park campsite.  So perfect for families.  It's just steps away from the beach and then also just one block away from the little town. There is also a really cute "interactive" kids park.


I take my kid and another down to the beach. One should really just not trust me with their kid...ever. We go walking down the beach and we decide, Hey!  Let's go down to the tide pools.  I say to the two kids, "Stay right here. I'll go grab our shoes and then we can walk over."

BAM!  Just like that. I walk back over to D with tar covering all the fingers on one hand - clearly she thought it was a cool shiny rock and wanted to pick it up - and then the other kid has tar on her foot that she's tried to pull off with her fingers and so she now has tar on her fingers too.  Sigh. Back to the camp we go.

The bright side of all this is that to get tar off, we used olive oil so everyone got impromptu little hand/foot exfoliation treatments!  But, truly, next time I'll just opt for the salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment