Sunday, April 12, 2015

Santa Monica Playhouse

This Easter Saturday, we decided to go to the Santa Monica Playhouse @ Main Stage for their Spring Enchanted Interactive Fairytale Theatre.  I highly recommend this place!



Firstly, I love how they had everyone introduce themselves with an action (sort of like what the Hermosa Family Fun Theatre crew does) and then the director goes into talking about how actors sometimes will imagine themselves as a certain type of animal in order to get into character.  That totally makes sense.

Then we go into a whole interactive play thing which was so much fun.

Snack was fruit and vegetables (hello!  I love that).  And I liked how when one boy tried to take more than two apples onto his plate, she stopped him and said, "Oh, let's just take two to start and once you finish those two then you can take more...because I get really sad when I have to throw food away."

Yes, that's right! Thank you for noticing.

At the end of the whole event, she had us all get into a circle and she asked each person to say one thing we would like to see in the world to make it a better place. It was really awesome to hear from the kids..."I'd like to see everyone stop smoking."  "I wish there was no money in the world so no one would be greedy."  "I wish everyone would just be kind to everyone."  So sweet!

And, I truly believe that when we set those intentions, they do tend to happen.  At least the intention was set.

Thanks to Mommy Poppins for her Easter recommendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment