Sunday, June 7, 2015

A Really Good Day

Yesterday was a really, really good day.

The hubs left for New York for the next few days. A school mom whom I've become friendly with texted me on Friday asking if we were doing anything on Saturday. She needed a play date for her daughter because she was going to be working.


We didn't have anything planned and since the hubs was going to be gone too, I was more than happy to schedule a play date. Being a parent of a solo child, I jump at the chance for play dates! But, I also don't want to creep anyone out by constantly asking for play dates. :o)

You don't understand...if you aren't a parent of a solo child who is also a Waldorf parent, then you just don't know. Waldorf = no media. Sure, we've loosened up on our media policy but I do try to adhere to it. I do not like to just stick my child in front of media just to occupy her time. And yes, I could plan an outing with her or do some gardening with her (cough! choke! Errm, I don't garden), but then that would require me to spend time with her.

It's not that I don't like spending time with my child! It's just that if I could just have time to myself, I could get a lot more done. And by the way, my child can stay occupied on her own for hours. But come on...an entire day? That's asking just too much. Parents of multiples are really lucky. They really are.

So, yesterday was a REALLY good day because the babe got to play with her friend all day and I got to get two loads of laundry done, washed, dried and folded! I got to get the ironing done and get some work done that I wasn't able to get to during the week. It just felt so relaxed.

Usually, when the hubs is home he also wants to get out and do something. He wants to at least go out to lunch or something. I know I could very well just say, "No thank you. I'll stay home." But that feels weird.

Me, I'm a bit of a homebody. It I were to have my way, I'd spend my weekends at home all day long...ALONE. I guess I've always kind of been like that and now that I think about it, the babe seems to be like that too. She often will complain that she just wants to hang out at home. I feel her.

No comments:

Post a Comment