Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Being Able to Let Go...

Wow, it's been a hot minute since I've posted. Life...just sort of got in the way. Sure, there were things that I wanted to post about, thought about posting about, but then just got sidetracked.

What is striking me lately is that as a parent, we really need to have the ability to just Let Go. I am talking about being able to pry yourself away from keeping and "packratting" away Every. Single. Artwork. That your kid draws.


Truly. The amount of arts and crafts that comes our way from the time they are about two is astounding. If I kept every single "Ohh, how cute! How amazing" piece of artwork, I would probably already have an entire closet full of stuff and the babe is only six years old!!

I have a hard time letting go because she kind of has a hard time letting go. Every kids menu from every restaurant comes home with us. And just the other day it struck me - Just throw it away. Once it finds its way into my bag, I will carry it with me back to the house and then promptly put it in the wastebasket...well, unless she's truly created a thing of magical awesomeness. Then I can slap a date on it and file it away into the "art" box that I have stored in the closet. Thankfully it is not yet full!

Good luck and may the force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment