Friday, November 6, 2015

Almond finger jello

Do y'all know what finger jello is? It's like jello but you don't need a spoon to eat it. I wish I had a photo of it, but I don't.

Finger jello is one of my favorite (junk) foods. My sister used to make it for me all the time. I think she discovered it. It's jello but with extra gelatin to make it firmer. This is how my sister used to make it: She'd open up a box of Jell-O brand gelatin, likely cherry because that's my favorite flavor for anything...and then make it according to the directions but also add some Knox unflavored gelatin. Oooh, so yummy...back then..

Of course I would NEVER make that sort of junk now. Snobby, elitist me...I turn my nose up to that. Instead, this is my snobby little recipe makeover:

I made Almond Finger Jello a few days ago using fresh, homemade almond milk! Novelty!! And of course, the gelatin I use is Great Lakes Grass Fed gelatin.

The OG recipe for almond jello even calls for water, but I thought it would be yummy to replace the water with almond milk. So here's the recipe:

3 cups fresh almond milk
1/4 c. evaporated milk
4 T. gelatin
1/4 c. agave nectar
1/2 T almond extract (I maybe would try 1 T. next time)

Anyhooo...this recipe got the "thumbs up" from my girl over at Fork and Pencil. I can't wait to make it again. 

1 comment: